Have you ever considered the luxury of owning a swimming pool or swim spa but found yourself hesitating at the thought of the running costs?
Well fear not, as here at Hydropool Surrey, we have all the information you need to set your mind at ease.
Swim spas are a great addition to any home, and you’ll be glad to know owning one doesn’t involve breaking the bank.
In this guide, we’ll explore the financial aspects of owning a swim spa, not just as an expense but as a wise investment in your overall well-being.
The answers may well surprise you.
Initial Costs of a Swim Spa vs. Long-Term Benefits
Let’s start with the first cost of a swim spa, which is for the item itself.
These costs may vary depending on size, features, and installation complexities.
However, it’s crucial to see this not merely as a purchase but as an investment in your health and lifestyle.
If we look at the mid-range mark of around £30,000, this is a big expense, but you must factor in the fact it is much less than a swimming pool would be, but with many additional benefits, including:
- Creating a lazy river.
- Boogie boarding on the jets.
- Running using the jets and soft stride mat.
- Time and cost-efficient installation.
- Can move it to your next home.
The magic of a swim spa also lies in its long-term benefits.
It’s a wellness hub, a fitness centre, and a relaxation retreat all rolled into one.
Regular use can lead to improved physical health, reduced stress levels, and enhanced family bonding time.
Imagine the convenience of having a place to exercise, relax, and entertain right in your backyard.
This is what this initial cost gets you, and if you can afford it, we’re sure it will be worth every penny as you get years of enjoyment out of it.
Understanding Running Costs
So, you’ve decided now could be the time to invest in a state-of-the-art swim spa.
But before we get there, let’s also look into some of the additional costs that will arise.
- Energy Efficiency – Modern swim spas are marvels of energy efficiency. Thanks to advancements in insulation and heating technology, they maintain temperature and functionality without skyrocketing your electricity bill. All of our swim spas are Air Source Heat Pump ready, meaning your running cost would be significantly reduced. Many models are designed specifically to minimise energy consumption, making them more affordable to run than you might think (check out our guide to swim spa heating for more information). They do still cost though to run the jets and other functions, so we would recommend a figure of £5 per day for an active swim spa.
- Maintenance Essentials – Like any investment, a swim spa requires maintenance. This includes routine cleaning, water treatment, and occasional repairs. However, these running costs are manageable, especially when you consider how regular maintenance can drastically prolong the life and efficiency of your spa. Here at Hydropool Surrey, we go a step further as well, with all of our swim spas offering self-cleaning capabilities that will drastically reduce the time needed to maintain the equipment. Looking at the cost of this, it shouldn’t be any more than £10 a month, especially if your swim spa stays well looked after (and don’t forget our warranty).
- Cost-Saving Tips – There are numerous ways to reduce these ongoing costs. Using a high-quality cover can minimise heat loss, while eco-friendly filters and energy-efficient pumps can cut down on electricity usage. Regular water testing and treatment can also prevent costly repairs down the line.
Comparing Swim Spa Costs with Other Investments
When you compare the running costs of a swim spa to other fitness and wellness investments, such as yearly gym memberships, regular spa visits, or the purchase of home exercise equipment, the picture becomes clearer.
The swim spa often emerges as a cost-effective option over time, especially considering the wide array of benefits it offers.
This is more than just a place to swim, it is somewhere to relax, have fun with friends and family, and massage your muscles.
The convenience of having a swim spa at home cannot be overstated.
There’s no need for gym commutes or scheduling appointments at a public spa.
This not only saves time but also ensures that you have constant access to a means of exercise and relaxation, whenever you need it.
Swim Spa Benefits
Swimming is one of the best workouts you can do to get your whole body moving. There is a reason nearly 5 million of us here in the UK swim at least once a month.
The benefits a swim spa has on your physical health are huge, as you can go outside and exercise whenever you feel like it. It is also perfect for someone who may need to train for an upcoming event and work on technique and stamina.
And as if that isn’t enough, it’s also a great way to exercise due to there being no stress on your joints, unlike other popular activities such as running.
Mental Health and Relaxation
A swim spa’s value isn’t just in its physical benefits.
The mental health advantages are immense. The soothing effects of warm water and the tranquillity of a personal relaxation space are invaluable for stress reduction and mental clarity.
Family and Social Benefits
Swim spas also serve as a social hub for family and friends.
They provide a unique setting for gatherings and create opportunities for memorable experiences.
This aspect of community and connection is an intangible benefit that enriches the value of your investment.
Making an Informed Decision
Approaching swim spa ownership involves thoughtful budgeting.
Consider the long-term health and lifestyle benefits against the initial and running costs. The last thing you want to do is invest in a swim spa and then not be able to afford to run it, so it’s always good to work out costs before agreeing on installation.
Planning and allocating resources for this investment can lead to years of enjoyment and wellness so the hours spent doing this certainly pay off in the future.
Before making a decision, it’s wise to seek advice from swim spa professionals, such as the team at Hydropool Surrey, Endless Pools at Hot Springs World in Cobham, and Jaquzzi Swim Spas at Hydrolife in Bagshot.
We can provide a detailed breakdown of running costs tailored to your specific needs and circumstances, ensuring that you make an informed and confident choice, and always know what to expect further down the line.
Owning a swim spa is more than just a purchase; it’s an investment in your health, well-being, and quality of life.
While there are initial and ongoing costs, the long-term benefits far outweigh these expenses.
The luxury of having a personal wellness retreat in your backyard, the convenience of accessible fitness and relaxation, and the joy of creating lasting memories with loved ones make a swim spa a worthy investment.
So, as you contemplate adding a swim spa to your home, remember that it’s not just about the financial aspect. It’s about investing in a lifestyle that promotes health, happiness, and togetherness.
Want to know more? Then get in touch with our team today.